We are excited to announce a new initiative in addition to our traditional Jonny Gammage Scholarship.
The Jonny Gammage Fellowship
The Black & White Reunion will award a local organization working for racial and social justice a small grant to hire a fellow to assist in building the group’s capacity. In the amount of $2,000 the organization could employ a “Jonny Gammage Fellow” who would have the opportunity to develop leadership skills and receive hands on experience working for social change in Pittsburgh.
We would only consider Racial Justice oriented organization or agency. Our definition of Racial Justice is expansive including any issue that ultimately benefits people of color.
The organization would not have a budget more than $150,000 and should be a 501[c](3) organization or have a Fiscal Sponsor.
The Process for Applicants:
Organization applies for the fellowship through online application outlining the support they need and outlining a project for the Fellow.
Winning Organization announced at Summit #18 – January 23, 2016
Organization would be responsible for:
- recruiting candidate
- defining duties of fellow.
- defining schedule or timeline, with Fellowship completed in the year of 2016
- signing a contract with B & W Reunion
- making all decisions relating to the duties of the Fellow.
- paying the Fellow no less than $15 an hour. Group could organize the time as they see fit – E.G. 10 hours a week @ 15 hour = 3 months = 1,800 (approximate) or you could pay a higher amount per hour for fewer hours or fewer hours a week over a longer period of time.
- completing a brief evaluation of program – what worked what didn’t.
- ensuring that winning Fellow completed a short evaluation to be sent to B & W Reunion